6.009 Lab 1: Image Processing (Spring 2019 - Instructions)
YES I FINALLY STARTED THE CHALLENGE (and actually wrote a blog post about it!!!!)
After reading about #100DaysOfCode a few years ago, I have been really looking forward to starting the challenge. Seeing all the super cool projects and amazing stories from individuals who were going through the challenge inspired me.
But alas, life always seemed to somehow get the best of me. I never found the time to actually sit down in peace, and code for the joy of it. Something just always seemed to come up. I initially intended to start this project at the beginning of 2019, but time slowly ticked away..
After graduating back in June 2019, I thought that this would finally be the time I "officially" started. I started setting up my IDEs, terminals, and website templates. This took a lot longer than expected.
Before starting, I had eagerly sketched out a 100 day work plan of all the fun, interesting projects to complete by specific deadlines. The schedule was impossibly aggressive. Rather than seeing the challenge as "fun", I saw the looming personal deadlines as sources of stress. I quickly fell behind schedule, got discouraged, and stopped the challenge soon after.
After my summer internship ended, I found myself with free time for the first time in 4 years. With a month of rest before diving into my next project, I decided that this was finally the time to put my foot down, and to actually COMMIT myself to start the challenge. I wouldn't find myself with another rest period like this again in a while. I learned from my previous mistakes, and aimed to approach the challenge with a more realistic approach, so that I can set myself up for success.
Again, actually STARTING on the first lab was difficult, but after finally sitting down and taking a good look at the starter code and instructions, I quickly became really focused. After a while, I quickly became so drawn in that I got through 2/3rds of the lab before I realized it was 4am! I didn't want to stop, but seeing that I had obligations in the morning, I decided to call it a night.
At the end of Day 1, I finished the 6.009 Lab 1 up to implementing the Blurring filter. Feel free to check out the lab link instructions above for more details! As this is an MIT class, I will not be making my code public on github.
Lessons from Day 1:
Let's DO THIS!