> Firebase + MySQL
Databases (Firebase, MySQL)
- Building an API With Firebase (Medium - Instructions)
- Build/Deploy Node.js Rest APIs with Express & MySQL on Heroku (bezKoder - Part 1, Part 2)
- Github - Code
- MySQL Setup
- CRUD are database actions. REST are HTTP Request Protocols. Very often overlap, but they are NOT the same thing!
- Both CRUD/REST commands can work on both local and remote servers.
- Firebase and MongoDB are NoSQL databases, while MySQL/PostgreSQL/SQLite are relational databases.
- Firebase (not free), MongoDB (not free), and SQLite (local-only) are NOT available on Heroku.
- I was unable to ultimately deploy Firebase because it cost $$$, but it works locally!
- Interesting that MySQL runs a server locally vs. SQLite which saves an explicit DB file.
- SQL = Structured Query Language, is domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system
- Steps for deploying MySQL and PostgreSQL are very similar.
- Transferring from localhost to deployed heroku (for MySQL and PostgreSQL) was not as difficult as I thought it would be...