> ReactJS + React Bootstrap
November 16, 2020
ReactJS + React Bootstrap
- Pokemon (Web Dev Simplified - Instructions)
- Book Query with Infinite Scrolling (Web Dev Simplified - Instructions)
- Simple Login (The Freak Lesson - Instructions)
- User/JWT Authentication with Node.js (Web Dev Simplified - Part 1, Part 2)
- Github - Code
Pokemon / Book Query
Book Query with Infinite Scrolling
- React hooks: useState, useEffect, etc.
- React syntax and best practices have changed ALOT in just the past 2 years, especially with the transition from classes to functional programming (as opposed to ES6) and the use of hooks for state.
- React shifts web dev focus to component and state-based. Good for modularization (similar to removing/adding lego blocks without destroying other structures).
- NodeJS/Express is for backend routing (REST API, CRUD, http requests) to send/receive data from server. SQL/MongoDB for database for persistent storage. VueJS/React for front-end UI, reactive client-side state management, and routing.