> FreeCAD - Technical Drawings
FreeCAD: Technical Drawings
- Ring (Joko Engineering - Instructions)
- Part Design (Nicola Mingotti - Instructions)
- Box, Shaft (freecadscourse - Instructions)
- Github - Files
Useful Videos on Technical Drawings
- Intro to Engineering Drawing
- The Basics of Reading Engineering Drawings
- Mechanical Engineering 101: Engineering Drawings
- Engineering Drawings: How to Make Prints a Machinist Will Love
CAD Sharing Site
- Technical Drawings are also known as Mechanical Engineering Drawings. These are communication tools and contracts between the designer and the manufacturer.
- There are many "best" practices in terms of drawing perspectives, format, lines, and tolerances. One recommendation is to follow common guidelines and to get feedback from peers and professionals. Though there are industry standards, different people have different preferences, so definitely ask for feedback from those you are working with; these technical drawings are all about communication at the end of the day!
- Be as simple and clear as possible, but try not to over-constrain the drawings to avoid redundancy and tolerance stacking.
- Here is a nice image showing the difference between First and Third Angle projections:
First and Third Angle Projection Types
(Image from The Basics of Reading Engineering Drawings)